Back to Basics is a free program designed for children who are reading below grade level and who are looking to improve their reading and writing skills.
- Students must be in grades 2 through 5.
- Students are matched with trained volunteer tutors for small-group learning sessions.
- Students and tutors meet twice a week for 60 minute tutoring sessions.
How to Apply: Students are eligible for the program based on residency, teacher recommendation and assessment results. Please apply early as space is limited.
Applications are available as follows:
- Fall session - First Monday in April
- Spring session - First Monday in October