Healthy RC Youth Leaders, started in 2011, give teens an active meaningful voice and empowers teens to represent their peers to take action and promote a healthier community. This unique program provides students with the leadership experience and local government knowledge to work on issues that matter to them. The Youth Leaders work on developing policies and initiatives to promote health living. Youth Leaders meet twice a month during the academic school year at City Hall. Applicants must be 12-17 (middle or high school) to apply. We encourage students who want to make an impact in their community to apply today!
Join Youth Leaders if you want to:
- Work on issues that matter to youth
- Promote healthy living
- Work with City officials
- Develop communication and leadership skills that will enhance your confidence and personal growth
- Participate in trainings and conferences
- Learn about local government
- Represent Youth Leaders in local, regional, and national platforms
- Build your resume and gain career experience
- Have fun!
Applications are now open close in August 2022.
1. Turn in applications including the “Written Evaluation Form”: August 18th by 6 p.m.
2. Applicant interviews: week of Monday August 29- September 1st
3. Applicants notified if they are selected: by September 5th
First meeting with September 7th