Healthy RC Youth Leaders, started in 2011, give teens an active meaningful voice and empowers teens to represent their peers to take action and promote a healthier community. This unique program provides students with the leadership experience and local government knowledge to work on issues that matter to them. The Youth Leaders work on developing policies and initiatives to promote health living. Youth Leaders meet twice a month during the academic school year at City Hall. Applicants must be 12-17 (middle or high school) to apply. We encourage students who want to make an impact in their community to apply today!
Join Youth Leaders if you want to:
- Work on issues that matter to youth
- Promote healthy living
- Work with City officials
- Develop communication and leadership skills that will enhance your confidence and personal growth
- Participate in trainings and conferences
- Learn about local government
- Build your resume and gain career experience
- Have fun!
Applications will open June 2021 and close in August 2021.
Application link: https://arcg.is/1Dub1i 😄
• Youth Leader Informational Session (Parents are invited to attend).
Wednesday August 11th, 2021 at 3:30-4:30 pm
Please email Joanna.Marrufo@cityofrc.us to RSVP for this hybrid/virtual Info Session. It will take place at City Hall (10500 Civic Center Drive).
1. Turn in applications including the “Written Evaluation Form”: Wednesday August 19th by 6 p.m.
2. Applicant interviews: week of Monday August 23rd- August 26th
3. Applicants notified if they are selected: by August 31st
If applicant is selected
• Wednesday September 1st (3:30pm-5:00pm) is the 1st Meeting and Orientation.