Register as a Vendor
In it's efforts to become more environmentally friendly, the Purchasing Division utilizes an electronic bidding system, Planet Bids. Vendors wishing to conduct business with the City must register as a vendor by clicking on the Purchasing Online icon below. Vendors that register will be notified by email for posted solicitations in accordance to the commodity codes that the vendor has chosen to register under. It is the sole responsibility of the vendor to maintain its vendor portal and contact information.
Review Solicitation Opportunities
Vendors can also review all current Quote, Bid and Proposal opportunities by clicking on the Planet Bids button below.
Make a Sales Call
All sales contacts must be directed to the Purchasing Division. Contact with other City departments is highly discouraged. Vendors run the risk of receiving inaccurate information on how to conduct business with the City when consulting with departments other than Purchasing. Additionally, discussing services or goods with disqualify potential vendors from participating in future solicitation opportunities as it creates an unfair advantage for other vendors.
Code of Ethics
The Institute believes, and it is a condition of membership, that the following ethical principles should govern the conduct of every person employed by a public-sector procurement or materials management organization:
- Seeks or accepts a position as head (or employee) only when fully in accord with the professional principles applicable thereto and when confident of possessing the qualifications to serve under those principles to the advantage of the employing organization.
- Believes in the dignity and worth of the service rendered by the organization, and the societal responsibilities assumed as a trusted public servant.
- Is governed by the highest ideals of honor and integrity in all public and personal relationships in order to merit the respect and inspire the confidence of the organization and the public being served.
- Believes that personal aggrandizement or personal profit obtained through misuse of public or personal relationships is dishonest and not tolerable.
- Identifies and eliminates participation of any individual in operational situations where a conflict of interest may be involved.
- Believes that members of the Institute and its staff should at no time, or under any circumstances, accept directly or indirectly, gifts, gratuities, or other things of value from suppliers, which might influence or appear to influence purchasing decisions.
- Keeps the governmental organization informed, through appropriate channels, on problems and progress of applicable operations by emphasizing the importance of the facts.
- Resists encroachment on control of personnel in order to preserve integrity as a professional manager.
- Handles all personnel matters on a merit basis, and in compliance with applicable laws prohibiting discrimination in employment on the basis of politics, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, age, pregnancy and other protected characteristics.
- Seeks or dispenses no personal favors. Handles each administrative problem objectively and empathetically, without discrimination.
- Subscribes to and supports the professional aims and objectives of NIGP - The Institute for Public Procurement.