Flashing Yellow Arrow (FYA) on traffic signals are located at these intersections:
- Milliken Avenue and Victoria Park Lane
- Milliken Avenue and Terra Vista Parkway
- Milliken Avenue and Mountain View Drive
- Carnelian Street and Banyan Street
- Utica Avenue and 6th Street
- Banyan St. and East Ave. (Coming August 2023)
While the new flashing yellow arrows will look a bit different to pedestrians, cyclists, and motorists, research suggests they are more intuitive and safer than traditional signals when drivers turn left and must yield to oncoming traffic.
The purpose of the FYA is to make the City's overall network of traffic signals safer and more efficient with improved technology. The design will catch driver's attention at intersections and reduce wait time.
There are more opportunities to make a left turn with the FYA than with the traditional three-arrow, red, yellow and green indications. Studies by the Federal Highway Administration show the FYA display increases safety because it's more effective at catching driver's attention when yielding to oncoming traffic.