Household Hazardous Wastes (HHW) are household items which may threaten human health or the environment and should be disposed of properly when they can no longer be used for their intended purposes. It is illegal to throw hazardous materials in the trash. Instead, take them to a HHW collection facility.
It is illegal to abandon hazardous substances outside the facility when it is closed. Residents can use any of the other participating HHW collection facilities in the county. Days and hours of operations vary. Call (800) OILYCAT (800-645-9228) or visit the San Bernardino County Fire's Household Hazardous Waste site.
- Participants should enter the line to the facility on Lion coming east bound on 9th from Vineyard to alleviate traffic issues. Participants travelling west bound from Hellman will be redirected.
- Residents who are displaying or experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms will be turned away and asked to return to the HHW collection site 2 weeks after symptoms subside.
- Open to San Bernardino County residents only, proof of residency required.
- Participants must wear a mask.
- All materials must be securely placed in unlocked trunk or bed of truck. For safety, staff will not enter vehicle cabin.
- Limit of 15 gallons or 125 pounds in containers no larger than five (5) gallons per vehicle.
Facility is open to San Bernardino County residents ONLY, proof of residency required.
No business waste is accepted.
For questions or concerns, please contact Environmental Programs at (909) 919-2635.