Q: When is the gym re-opening?
A: The City of Rancho Cucamonga Wellness pass gym will re-open its doors on Monday, September 13, 2021 at 8:00 a.m. We encourage members to come to the Senior Center starting on Tuesday, September 7th between 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and complete the new registration, emergency contact & release of liability form, prior to utilizing the gym.
Q: What are the operating hours of the gym?
A: Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 pm.
Q: Is there a residency requirement for the gym?
A: Yes, the Wellness Pass gym is open to Rancho Cucamonga Senior residents only.
Q: What is the age limit for the gym?
A: The Wellness Pass gym is open to Rancho Cucamonga residents 50 years of age or older.
Q: How much is an annual gym membership?
Q: I purchased a membership but did not get to use my full time due to the COVID-19 pandemic shutdown.
A: Memberships will resume on Monday, September 13, 2021 and all current members will receive a credit for 7 weeks that will begin running automatically. Starting Monday, November 1, 2021 any remaining months of your membership will begin to be utilized. New members that join on or after September 7, 2021 will not receive the 7 - week credit.
Q: I have misplaced or lost my membership card. What do I do?
A: The Senior Center front desk staff will be happy to help you replace your lost card. Replacement cards cost $2.00 each.
Q: When can I renew my Wellness Pass membership?
A: You may renew your membership no more than 30 days before your pass is set to expire.
Q: Has capacity been reduced in the gym?
A: No, but social distancing is encouraged. The maximum capacity in the gym is 30 persons.
Q: Where do I check in?
A: All members will be required to scan in at the Senior Center front desk.
Q: What is your cleaning procedure?
A: We are taking steps to ensure your safety and a clean environment. To help us maintain a safe and clean environment; we ask that after using a piece of equipment, please use the sanitizing wipes provided to wipe down the equipment. A staff member will be cleaning the room and high touch points twice a day and completely sanitizing the entire room at the end of the day.
Q: Is there a time limit on machines?
A: Yes, each piece of equipment will have a time limit that will be displayed on the equipment itself. Please be mindful of your fellow gym members by adhering to the time limits.
Q: What has been removed from the Wellness Pass Gym?
A: The Wii gaming console, cups for the water station, large exercise balls, individual mats, core sliders and individual chairs have been removed from the gym.
Q: What should I bring with me to the gym?
A: Your gym membership card should be on you at all times. Suggested items to bring would be your reusable water bottle, towel, and headphones.
Q: Will the lockers be available to use?
A: Yes. The lockers are available for temporary use to gym members only. Members may bring a combination lock to temporarily lock their items in an available locker while they are using the gym. At the end of the day any locks remaining will be cut and contents of the locker will be placed in the lost and found at the front desk. After 1 - month, items in the lost and found area will be donated.
Q: Am I required to wear a mask?
A: Unvaccinated individuals are required to wear a mask indoors at all times. It is recommended that fully vaccinated individuals wear a mask indoors.
Q: Will there be City staff in the gym?
A: No. Staff will not be stationed in the Wellness Pass gym. If you need assistance, please inform the Senior Center front desk. Staff will periodically walk through the Wellness Pass gym to confirm that all patrons have a current membership. Please always have your membership card available to show staff while you are using the gym.
Q: When will other senior programs be returning?
A: City programs will return as conditions allow.
Q: What are the general Wellness Pass Rules?
1. Members must scan in at the front desk before using the gym.
2. Members must sign the liability and COVID-19 waiver form prior to the use of the gym.
3. Members must have their Wellness Pass ID on them at all times when using the gym.
4. Members must wipe down their piece of equipment after each use using the cleaning products supplied.
5. For personal safety, patrons should wear the appropriate exercise attire when using the equipment. Tennis shoes are required; open toed shoes are not allowed. Patrons must be fully clothed at all times.
6. Members will pick up after themselves while using the Wellness Pass gym.
7. Members must be courteous to one another and follow the time limits set for each piece of equipment.
8. Members are required to bring their own personal items (towels, water, headphones, etc.)
9. Only water is allowed in the Wellness Pass gym.
10. Alcoholic beverages are prohibited.
11. Please return weights to their proper location. Return all equipment to the proper starting position.
12. Smoking or use of any other tobacco product is prohibited.
13. All members are held accountable to the Community Center Code of Conduct.
14. Lockers are for Wellness Pass members only while they are using the gym.
15. Please report any malfunctioning, broken, or damaged equipment to a front desk staff member.
16. This room is not routinely monitored, members assume all risk when using equipment. Please seek assistance from the front desk if you are experiencing any issues or need emergency assistance.