Overarching Themes & Goals
Four themes were consistently identified by participants in the community planning process:
- Interrelated nature of health issues
- Importance of creating a “culture of health”
- Lowering costs increases access to a healthy lifestyle
- Importance of family-oriented activities
We have set the following three goals to address the themes community participants felt were important for guiding Healthy RC’s work:
- Access - Healthy RC is inclusive and accessible to all community members.
- Culture of Health - Public and private organizations develop and implement policies, practices, and programs, and prioritize funding to create and sustain a culture of health in Rancho Cucamonga.
- Approach - Healthy RC strategies are applied, practical, and relevant for community members, families, and organizations.