NOTICE: On Thursday, June 8, 2017, the City of Rancho Cucamonga was notified by the West Valley Mosquito and Vector Control District of a recent mosquito sampling tested positive for West Nile Virus in the vicinity of Autumn Leaf Drive and Baker Street. Please be advised, this is in close proximity to the Pacific Electric Trail.
On Thursday, August 3, 2017, the City was notified of the following mosquito sample areas also testing positive for West Nile Virus:
- Haven Avenue & Wilson Aveune
- Opal Street & Cielito Street
- Beryl Street & Hillside Road
- Buena Vista Drive & Camino Sur
West Valley Mosquito and Vector Control District recommends residents:
1. Wear a CDC recommended repellent when outdoors
2. Make sure door and window screens fit securely and have no rips/tears
3. Look for and dump out any standing water on or around their property every 3-5 days
4. Call the District if you have any questions (909-635-0307)
Information from MVCD regarding the West Nile Virus can be found by clicking HERE
Residents are encouraged to go to the MVCD website for additional information: www.wvmosquito.org or call the District at (909) 635-0307, Monday - Friday 7:30 am - 3:30 pm.