Calling all high school teens! The City of Rancho Cucamonga's Healthy RC invites you to our FREE virtual Teen Summit on Wednesday, March 24th, from 9:00am to 3:30pm. This year's theme, BUILD: Build your best self, your community, and your future, is designed to empower high school teens to focus on self-growth and self-development in order to build confidence within themselves. This event will showcase how to build a positive mindset, find hope, and develop resilience in any situation that comes your way. High school teens will have the opportunity to make their voices heard, build connections with their peers, and learn how to make a meaningful difference in their community. The day will include interactive breakout sessions, inspirational speakers, fun activities, and even a chance to win raffle prizes!
WHAT TO EXPECT:
Empowerment | Build your Best Self
Find confidence within yourself and have the opportunity to share in an open and welcoming environment.
Connection | Build community
Bond with your peers on teen community issues you are facing together and find coping strategies through engaged and creative learning. Issues such as mental health and overcoming pandemic related challenges will be explored.
Growth | Build your future
Guide and develop character that will encourage and promote effective communication skills and a strong foundation for a successful future.
PROGRAM ACTIVITIES INCLUDE:
- Energizing Welcome and Introductions
- Motivational Keynote by Brenda Sarai Zuniga, Mindfulness Coach and National Alliance on Mental Illness Speaker
- Representation Matters Panel | Listen to stories of resilience and hope from a diverse panel sharing how to overcome obstacles and grow through adversity and failure
- Wellness Break-out sessions | Mindfulness, Fitness, Yoga, Dance, and Art
- Social Media Wellness Workshop
- Our Story Matters Community Leadership Break-out Session | Use your voice to identify issues and brainstorm solutions alongside leaders and professionals from healthcare, business, school, faith-based, and government sectors.
Once registered an email will be sent to you with instruction on how to join the Virtual Meeting on Zoom. Each participant will receive a Teen Summit Self-care Goodie Bag prior to the event. Information for pick up will be emailed to you.
*This is an informative event that does not constitute a therapist-client relationship. This is not a substitute for professional diagnosis or treatment from a mental health professional.