CERT (Community Emergency Response Team) Basic Training
CERT Basic Training is a FREE course that teaches you how to prepare yourself, your family, and your neighborhood for a disaster or emergency. It is a 20-hour hands-on training program taught by first responder personnel and subject matter experts.
This FREE course includes:
- How to complete your emergency kit
- Basic first aid for you and your family
- Emergency planning
- Fire extinguisher use and hands on practice putting out a fire
- How to shut off your utilities
- Search and rescue techniques
- Disaster and emergency preparedness information
- Disaster Psychology
All participants will receive a free CERT backpack, CERT helmet, and CERT vest.
- Thursday, March 23rd from 6:00 PM- 9:00 PM*
- Saturday, March 25th from 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM* (Lunch is provided)
- Sunday, March 26th from 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM* (Lunch is provided)
Location: RCFD All-Risk Training Center (11285 Jersey Blvd. Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730)
* You must attend all of the classes. If you have a scheduling conflict for part of the training, please email ReadyRC@cityofrc.us or call 909-774-3020 for options on how to make up the missed portions.
Please email ReadyRC@cityofrc.us or call 909-774-3020 for more information or if you have any questions.