Business Emergency Resiliency Training (BERT) Unit 3:
Fire Safety and Utility Controls
Is your business ready for a fire or utility emergency? Do your employees know what to do if a fire occurs at your business? Learn how your business can be ready before, during, and after an emergency!
In this course you will:
- Review basic safety precautions
- Understand the basics of your fire protection equipment
- Learn how to safely use a fire extinguisher and practice using one
- Understand utility controls and how to shut them off in an emergency
- Describe the process of basic "size-up" for an emergency
- Develop awareness of hazardous materials
- Learn about fire safety plans
About the BERT Program:
Business Emergency Resiliency Training (BERT) prepares businesses and employees for an emergency through a six-course series. Each session can be taken as a stand-alone preparedness course but forms a comprehensive training if completed in a series. Each course teaches a skill or adds another tool for building disaster resiliency.
Taking the classes in succession allows you to establish a cohort style relationship with fellow businesses in the community. Your participation will have a greater impact in building community preparedness and resiliency because businesses can help businesses in a time of disaster. BERT courses are FREE and offered every year in a sequence.
Business: All businesses are welcome. Your business does not have to be located in Rancho Cucamonga.
For additional information on the BERT program and courses visit: CityofRC.us/ReadyRC