Our Information Exchange Unit assists residents of Rancho Cucamonga with the following programs and services for children and parents of children. Please contact us at (909) 477-2890 for further information.
- Child Safety Seat Inspections & Installations
- Child Fingerprinting (by appointment)
- Child Abduction Prevention
- Stranger Awareness
Parents can download our guide to keeping children safe on-line; Kids, The Internet, and You. For those 18 and over only due to language in the on-line acronym descriptions/definitions section.
- Family Watchdog is a site where you can conduct a search to locate registered sex offenders in your area by entering your address, you can see photographs (when available) and information about the registrants. You can also enter addresses you want the organization to monitor for new sex offender registration nearby and the site will alert you when a sex offender has registered near the locations you designate.The sight also contains updates and alerts from the Food and Drug Administration and product and medicine recalls.
- Megan's Law is a site maintained by the California Office of the Attorney General. You can search your area for registered sex offender information, and address when permitted by California law. The site also provides resources and tips on how to protect your family and other information related to sex offender topics.
- The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children is a non-profit organization that provides information and resources to law enforcement, parents, children, and other professionals regarding missing and victimized children. The center has a 24-hour toll-free hotline and other reporting resources and is active in promoting legislation related to preventing child related crimes.