Holiday Lights

This web page is dedicated to providing residents with pertinent information regarding the holiday light display in Thoroughbred and Jennet neighborhoods. Please check back periodically for updated information.

The City of Rancho Cucamonga has prepared Frequently Asked Questions regarding the holiday light display. 

 NEW for 2018:

The City has implemented a "Drive-Thru Only" Ordinance during high peak evenings/weekend hours to reduce the mix of vehicles and pedestrians, with the goal to reduce the risk of serious injury, negative behaviors, as well as preserve the quality of life for surrounding residents. Therefore, portions of Thoroughbred and Jennet Streets and Turquoise Avenue will be Drive-Thru Only from December 7 through 9 and December 14 through 24, 2018 between 5:00 p.m. and 11:00 p.m. -- general public/pedestrians will not be allowed to walk the holiday display during these designated dates. 

Holiday Lights Travel Route
Please view this interactive Holiday Lights Travel Route to see the traffic flow for vehicles traveling to view the holiday light display. Vehicles exiting the 210 freeway at Carnelian Street will be directed south on Carnelian Street, west on 19th Street, and north on Sapphire Street to access the holiday lights in the Thoroughbred and Jennet neighborhoods. Local residents only can still travel north on Carnelian Street from the freeway exit.  

Each year, the Rancho Cucamonga Police Department and Traffic Engineering Division develop a Traffic Management Plan to minimize traffic congestion and ensure public safety.  Please view this interactive map for more information.

State Law and the Rancho Cucamonga Municipal Code (RCMC) regarding food vendors will be strictly enforced. Please refer to these FAQs to find out more. 

AB 1616, the Cottage Food Law, went into effect statewide on January 1, 2013, and allows for certain low-risk foods to be prepared and sold from a residence under certain conditions. For a list of allowable food items and other information related to the Cottage Food Law, please visit the County Public Health Department Website or view these FAQs.

What is the best way to report a problem or other non-emergency issue to the Police Department?
For non-emergency situations, the Rancho Cucamonga Police Department can be contacted by calling the Police Dispatch number at (909) 941-1488 anytime 24 hours/day, seven days a week.  For emergencies, please call 911.

Who do I contact if I have any further questions?
DO NOT CONTACT THE CITY to inquire about what time and/or what days the holiday light displays are turned on. The annual holiday light display is NOT a city-sponsored event or city-sanctioned event and the City has no role in coordinating or planning the event. 

Questions regarding traffic, parking, and other law enforcement issues:

Traffic Division
Rancho Cucamonga Police Department
T - (909) 477-2800  Email -

Questions regarding City Business License and Permits:
Minerva Gamboa, Business License Coordinator
City of Rancho Cucamonga
T - (909) 774-2425  Email -

Questions regarding AB 1616, the Cottage Food Law:
Karen Vu, Environmental Health Specialist
San Bernardino County Department of Public Health
T - (800) 442-2283  Email -

Questions regarding City Response:
Fabian Villenas, Principal Management Analyst
City of Rancho Cucamonga
T - (909) 774-2006  Email -

For a printable version of essential contact information, you can download here