Alcohol Use Requirements

The distribution or consumption of alcoholic beverages shall be in compliance with all applicable laws, including Alcoholic Beverage Control Commission regulations. Please refer to the following Alcohol Use Requirements for Central Park.

Applicant/Renter Responsibility:

  • $50 Administrative Fee.
  • Alcohol supplementary refundable damage/ cleaning deposit of $500.
  • Applicants may only use a City pre-approved caterer or bar service company for alcohol use distribution. (A pre-approved caterer/bar service vendor list is available through the facility Coordinator.)
  • Uniformed Deputy Sheriff/Reserve or approved (by the City) private security, are required and the applicant is responsible for all security costs designated by the Sheriff’s Department.
  • Rental function guest(s) of honor are required to be at least 21 years of age for permitted use of alcoholic beverages.
  • Alcoholic beverages are prohibited from be served to any person under the age of 21.
  • Serving/selling is allowed for the max. of 4 hours. Service is required to end one hour prior to scheduled event time.
  • Applicant will forfeiture the alcohol damage/cleaning deposit if alcohol use is not in accordance to state and or City requirements.
  • Applicant is required to remove all alcoholic beverages and empty containers immediately following function.

Alcohol Use Requirements:

  • Beer, wine, and or champagne only may be served at Central Park.
  • All alcoholic beverages are required to be served, sold, and consumed inside the contracted room.
  • Alcohol possession or consumption is strictly prohibited in the patios (except Mesa Courtyard), hallways, restrooms and parking lots.
  • Alcohol is only permitted on Friday nights, Saturdays, Sundays, and designated Holidays.

Caterers/Bar Service Company Requirements:

  • Supply current required permits, licenses, certificates and insurance 60 working days prior to event date.
  • Prior successful experience providing food, catering and serving of alcoholic beverages in large public facilities and have positive reference checks with other clients.
  • Caterer must complete a Central Park Regulation and Kitchen Use Training Program. Vendors will regularly be evaluated by the City staff and are required to be in good standing with the City.
  • Caterer is responsible to obtain all required permits, licenses and insurance relating to distribution and consumption of alcoholic beverages.
  • Alcohol must be served and consumed from clear containers.
  • Champagne and wine bottles may only be open in the kitchen or designated serving table.

Applicant/Renter Checklist:

  • Complete and turn in a Central Park Facility Reservation Request form to the Facility Coordinator.
  • Confirm and sign the Central Park Facility Rental Contract verifying event time, date and room(s).
  • Complete and return Alcohol Permit Application to the Facility Coordinator 60 working days prior to event. Applicants are required to be 25 year of age or older.

City Service Responsibility:

  • Alcohol Permit Applications will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis and approved or denied by the facility Recreation Coordinator.
  • City and Sheriff Department staff will determine event risks and insurance costs.
  • The City may place restriction on alcohol use due to State/Federal Law and City Ordinance requirements.
  • City staff will monitor all alcohol areas.
  • City staff will post visible public notification that a private renter is hosting an event with alcohol.