When you conduct a business, trade, profession, and/or calling within the City of Rancho Cucamonga you are required to obtain a City business license. The license is valid for one year from the business start date after which you will be required to renew annually. This applies to all businesses including those specifically exempted by state or federal statutes.
A separate license is required for each branch or location of business.
Before You Apply
- Contact the City Business License Division at (909) 919-2948 if you have any questions regarding your particular business operation.
- Also, contact the Planning Division at (909) 477-2750 about city zoning requirements for your type of business and its planned location.
- In addition to obtaining the business license, you are also required to comply with all City, County and State regulations for zoning, building, health and safety.
How to Get the Application Form
- A Business License Application can be obtained in person or online.
- Select the Business License Application Form
- However, if the business is located in a commercial or industrial location, the following additional form is required: Business License Questionnaire. You must also provide a copy of the executed lease agreement.
- If not applying online, you may pick up the business license application form at the City’s Business License Division, located at 10500 Civic Center Dr., Rancho Cucamonga, 91730.
Other Important Information
- Your business activity may require a Seller's Permit (Retail Sales Tax Number) from the California Department of Tax and Fee and Administration. To obtain such a permit, you may apply online or in person at one of the local district offices. You may wish to contact the California Department of Tax and Fee and Administration to determine if your business requires such a permit at (909) 257- 2900.
- Contact the Internal Revenue Service at (800) 829-1040 for a Federal Employer Identification Number. Contact the Franchise Tax Board at (800) 852-5711 if you intend to have employees or to obtain Form 540 for estimating State Withholding Tax for yourself.
- Contact the San Bernardino County Clerk's Office at (909) 387-8306 for information regarding the use of a fictitious name or DBA (doing business as).
- Contact your insurance agent for information regarding insurance requirements for your particular kind of business such as liability insurance and workers' compensation insurance.
- Contact the County of San Bernardino Department of Social Services at (951) 782-4200 to obtain Child Care or Adult Care License information.
- Contact the County of San Bernardino Department of Public Health at (800) 442-2283 to obtain Food Sale information.