Obtain a Business License Application form by downloading a copy online or obtaining a copy in person at the City’s Business License Division, located at 10500 Civic Center Drive, Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730. You may also apply online for a business license by following the steps below.
- Note: Some businesses CANNOT apply online. These include any business requiring additional permits such as:
- Food Trucks
- Taxicab Services
- Taxicab Drivers
- Secondhand Dealers
- Car Dealers
- Massage Establishments
- Bingo Permits
- Cottage Foods
- Catering Trucks
- Home Based Businesses
Before applying, please have ready the following items that may apply to your business:
- Federal Tax ID number or
- Social Security Number
- Driver’s License Number for Primary Contact
- Seller’s Permit showing an address in Rancho Cucamonga or indicates multiple locations (required for all retail or wholesale businesses)
- Professional State License number (if applicable)
- Job location and job value (out of city contractors only)
- 501(c)(3) or similar IRS certification letter for Non-Profit Charitable Organizations
- A detailed and complete description of your business activity. Insufficient detail will delay the process and approval.
- Business License Questionnaire (if conducting business from a Rancho Cucamonga commercial or industrial location) PLEASE NOTE: A P.O. Box will not be accepted as a physical place of business.
- If applying in person, bring a completed Business License Questionnaire Form.
- If applying online, complete the Business License Questionnaire and save the document for later use as an attachment to your business license application.
- If applying for a business that is located in a commercial or industrial location within the City of Rancho Cucamonga, a copy of the executed lease agreement will be required.
- A Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express credit card for final payment.
- If you need assistance or need more information, contact the Business License Division at (909) 919-2948 or email us at email@example.com.
Choose an application:
- In City, Commercial or Industrial Applicants
- In City, Home Based Applicants
- Out of City Applicants
After submitting your application online, you will receive an email confirmation acknowledging that we have received your Business License Application. You may receive an email asking for further detailed information that may include review and approval by the Planning Department. After the application has been approved, you will receive an email notifying you of the approval with instructions on how to submit your payment.
AB 1379 FEE (APPLICABLE THROUGH DECEMBER 31, 2023)
On October 11, 2017, Governor Brown signed into law AB 1379 which requires local agencies to increase the $1.00 state mandated fee (SB 1186) to $4.00 for a six-year period beginning January 1, 2018 and ending December 31, 2023. The fee is collected from each applicant for an initial or renewed “local business license or equivalent instrument or permit.” The purpose of the fee is to fund Certified Access Specialist (CASp) programs and to develop educational resources for businesses to facilitate compliance with federal and state disability laws, as specified.
Under federal and state law, compliance with disability access laws is a serious and significant responsibility that applies to all California building owners and tenants with buildings open to the public. You may obtain information about your legal obligations and how to comply with disability access laws at the following agencies:
• The Division of the State Architect at http://www.dgs.ca.gov/dsa/Home.aspx
• The Department of Rehabilitation at http://www.rehab.cahwnet.gov/
• The California Commission on Disability Access at http://www.ccda.ca.gov/