Explorer Scout UnitDedicated To Your Safety
This program is comprised of young adults, male and female, ages 14-21, who are thinking about a career in law enforcement. Explorer Scouts at the Rancho Cucamonga Station perform various duties such as fingerprinting of children, traffic control, and assisting the personnel at the station with miscellaneous duties as required. Explorers often participate in special events in the community such as Health and Safety Fairs, McGruff the Crime Dog presentations, career days, parades, carnivals and school functions.
- Be at least 14 years old and in 9th grade, and not older than 21.
- Must maintain at least a 2.0 GPA.
- No serious arrests or convictions.
- Successful completion of a background investigation and oral interview.
- Must complete the Basic Explorer Academy within one (1) year of joining the Post.
After joining the Post, new members will undergo nearly 100 hours of intense training which teaches a variety of skills and subjects; including, but not limited to:
- Chain of Command
- Laws of Arrest
- Search and Seizure
- Weaponless Defense
- Firearms Safety
- Handcuffing Technique
- CPR/1st Aid
For more information on how to join the Rancho Cucamonga Explorer Scout Unit, fill out the Explorer Application Form or contact one of the Unit Advisors at (909) 477-2800.
Click for more information on the Inland Empire Explorer Competition 2009.